I have owned the V1 of the BDR for quite a while now, and love it. Just purchased a new receiver to go with the Iris Slider, and I was really surprised to see the improvements on something that was already great! The manual calibration option is my favorite add on, as it lets you manually calibrate the focus range on those lenses that never stop spinning. It also turns the motors just a hair faster. I'm really impressed with the capabilities of this tiny receiver. Recommended!
fSTOP Wireless V2-1 BarTech Receiver
No Compromises... Everything you need in One Receiver!
Based on two years of "What if a Digital Receiver Could also do this?"
PLC Electronic Solutions made it possible. In conjunction with BarTech Engineering and customer feedback we have developed the most technologically advanced Receiver ever for a Camera Remote Follow Focus Application.
"Its a Magic Box"
- Works with Digital Motors ( Heden, Preston, M-One, Scorpio, and more )
- Automatic lens end stop calibration
- Manual calibration, DSLR lens compatibility for setting end stops on infinity rotating lenses
- Can easily set limits at the push of a button.
- Always super fast motor response! No motor speed compromises at lower input voltages even down to 8 volts.
- 16 bit High Resolution mode on par with with industry standard systems that cost over $30,000.
- Focus, Iris or Zoom control.
- Lens Calibration and current Position Memory up to 1 day after power down.
Making it possible
How... Start from the ground up. In the past we had followed the industry standard practice that most other Remote Follow Focus companies do by using readily available parts and software routines from other manufacturers for motor control. This severely compromises the extra functionality required in a Remote Follow Focus Control system needed for all of the different types of lenses and cameras in use today. We do not believe in passing on these compromises to people that use our products, and have developed our own proprietary fast DSP (Digital Signal Processor ) motor control algorithms and hardware that can be easily adapted for the evolving needs of today's cameras and lenses.
All this and still the Smallest / lightest receiver on the market!